Notary Public Services at Go Postal in Boone
Beginning June 16, 2021 Go Postal in Boone will start offering a Notary Public Service. Please set up an appointment as we only have one notary on staff. Walk-ins will be accommodated when possible. Please read the following information on tips and requirements for having a document notarized. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DMV Title Notarization
For a car title notarization please be sure to have the following information at the time of your appointment:
(1) Buyer's Name & Address
(2) Date of delivery of vehicle to buyer
(3) Odometer reading and certification (10 years old or newer)
(4) Seller's signature in Section A
(5) Damage disclosure statement
Signatures for car titles must be done in the presence of the notary.
Charges & Fees
Our notary has the right to charge the following:
(1) For acknowledgments, jurats, verifications or proofs, $5.00 per principal signature.
(2) For oaths or affirmations without a signatures, $5.00 person, except for an oath or affirmations administered to credible witness to vouch for the identify of a principal or subscribing witness.
(3) There is no fee when our notary certifies a voter absentee application.
Right of Refusal
Our notary has the right to refuse service for any of the following:
(1) Notarizing a blank DMV vehicle title document
(5) Identity Theft
(6) Impersonation of a law enforcement officer
(7) Receiving stolen goods or property
(9) Action requiring legal counsel or advise
(10) Principle is being coerced or pressured
(11) Principle does not have documents with proper notarial certificate wording.
(12) Principle has not met the requirements for satisfactory evidence of identity.
(13) Any document related to powers of attorney in foreign countries or apostilles.
Our notary is not an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of North Carolina, and they may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.
Our notary is not an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of North Carolina and is prohibited from representing or advising on immigration issues. Our notary is not an immigration consultant or expert on immigration matters.
Our notary is not an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of North Carolina and is prohibited from rendering any service that constitutes the unauthorized practice of law. Our notary cannot assist another person in drafting, completing, selecting, or understanding a record or transaction requiring a notarial act. If notarial certificate wording is not provided or indicated for a record, our notary cannot determine the type of notarial act or certificate to be used.
Our notary is not an elected magistrate or ordained minster and cannot preform marriages.